Happy Friday, friends!
If you’re new to Friday Fun, click here to read the first one before you get started!
And if you’re already familiar with Friday Fun, welcome back! Here’s a recap of some of our favorite moments from the week, the small little things that may or may not matter, but nonetheless colored and flavored our week!
– There are so many things we love about our job, but it also comes with its quirks. Namely, that we work on the weekends, when the rest of the world is “off.” Which means that sometimes we forget to take a “weekend” if that makes sense.
– This week we got to have two whole days with our dear friends, Justin and Mary, (who also don’t have very many weekends because they are running a thriving photography business and changing lots of photographers’ lives) and we got to have a real weekend! On a Tuesday and Wednesday. And it was so good for the soul.
– Like any good group of party animals, we made an official itinerary. We huddled together with a notebook and a pen, and literally wrote out a plan for every hour of our “weekend.”
– Highlights from our wild itinerary included activities like floating in the pool, watching our first ever episode of The Golden Girls and consuming copious amounts of acai bowls.
– We also scheduled a mini-desert shoot swap, because when you’re with another pair of talented photographers in a beautiful place, it’s basically just the rules. We’ll share more on that later, but let’s suffice it to say, our east coast friends rocked their first desert shoot on both sides of the camera. We can’t wait to share more!
– The real highlight, though was taking on The Escape Room, which allowed us all to feel like MacGyver, Jack Bauer, Sherlock Holmes and Olivia Pope rolled into one. And while we’d like to tell you it was properly “handled,” we actually technically failed the first round. You only get sixty minutes to complete the room, and it took us sixty… two. Ugh!
– We’re not a competitive group at all, or anything. Which is probably why we decided to postpone dinner to take on a second challenge. We came out victorious and celebrated with battle cries that would’ve made Xena the Warrior Princess blush.
– All fun aside though, we’re just so thankful for our time with J&M. Our days were filled with so many laughs, great conversations, and so many new memories we’re going to cherish. Our “weekends” might be a little different, and few and far in between, but we’re heading into tomorrow feeling refreshed, rejuvenated and blessed.
Happy Friday, friends!
You can catch up on older, but equally awesome, Friday Fun posts by clicking here:
We’re professional photographers who help people take better photos! Join us for a free online training and we’ll show you some of our favorite photography secrets that anyone can use!
"I always look forward to your emails! I get excited every time I get an email notification that says 'Amy & Jordan!' Even though we've never formally met, you guys have pretty much become the photography mentor I've never had!"
"I LOVEEE the Monday Minute and I look forward to it every week!"
"The Monday Minute has seriously changed the way I look at my business! In the last year, my business has completely changed and evolved and I know that it's greatly due to my time 'spent' with the two of you!"
"Best year of my life! (Photography-wise!)"