Over the past few weeks, we’ve gotten a lot of questions from expecting parents all asking a version of this question…
Why in the WORLD did you choose a home birth instead of going to a hospital?
And what is home birth LIKE?
In this episode, we’re taking you inside our head and explaining the reasons why we felt like a home birth was the right decision for us.
We’re also answering some of the most popular questions from our listeners, like…
“Isn’t it… MESSY?!”
“What about emergencies?”
Here’s a PREVIEW of our conversation…
• The important decision you have to make BEFORE choosing where to birth
• The most surprising side benefit of home birth
• What scared Amy MORE than natural childbirth!
• How to talk to family members and friends about your birth plan
• Home birth from a dad’s perspective
• What a midwife REALLY is… and how to choose a good one
• How to prepare for a home birth: emotionally, physically and logistically
We had my youngest at home in 1995! It was incredible! So much nicer than having to pack bags, race to hospital, be around all those germs. Our oldest daughter got to be in when he came. Our next daughter came in right after. We had birthday cake for “Austin” and gave gifts to his sisters. My recovery was quick and we got to be a family altogether right away. The policy we had to deal with was…oh yeah, none! He’s 25 in a week, married and had their first child, a son, January 6th a month early. He’s doing great! His sisters are great and my oldest still fondly remembers his birth at 29! Home birth isn’t possible for everyone but we loved the whole experience! I thinks it’s so cool you went with your hearts, not popular opinion. But that is how the 2 of you roll anyway! 🙂 Blessings! Terri